Sunday, May 3, 2009

Happy, Happy Birthday

*CECILE
Today, is my friend, Cecile's birthday. Cecile and I go back a long way and whether it was church callings, family concerns, health, or the joys of life, she has always been able to "read" me. Cecile is one of those friends who feels like home when I am with her. She's a friend who tells me how she sees it, and wraps her arms around me if I have a "melt down" moment. Part mom, part friend.....either way, I'm so thankful for her. Happy Birthday, Red!

Very OLD and scary pictures from Girls' Camp. Hey, no hairdryers or curling irons....what did you expect?

*KELLY
We moved into the same neighborhood, in fact, right next door to each other when we were 12. To say the least, teen years can be a little difficult, but we managed. Without Kell's sense of loyalty and ability to keep in touch, we might not have. She's so much better at that than I am. We've been through much together....growing up, growing apart, coming back together, moving, marriage, parents divorcing, and loved ones passing away. She's a good egg and I am always proud of her as she is always trying to improve herself. You are awesome, Kell. Happy Birthday.....a day late. XOXO

Yep.....the days when my hair was blonde....

*GRANDPA SNOW
Friday, the 8th, would be Grandpa's birthday. It was 3 years last October that he passed away. Grandpa was a temple sealer in the Los Angeles temple for many, many years. When he and Grandma moved back to Idaho Falls after living in California for 25 years, I thought I had witnessed a miracle. My mom, while I was in Washington DC, said that maybe he was coming home to be here to marry me. It turned out she was right. My sealing to Darren would be the last one he did in our family. I miss him and I'm grateful to have strong memories of my grandparents. Happy Birthday, Grandpa.

Grandpa, me, and Darren with our marriage certificate outside the Bountiful Temple, almost 10 years ago.

*CRAIG
Craig shares the same birth date as my Grandpa Snow. It's a good month and a good number. He is married to Darren's 2nd oldest sister, Chani. When I married Darren and subsequently became more involved with the family, I had met a few of the guys that Chani had dated. All very nice young men. Then when we met Craig for the first time, I just knew he was the one. Probably because I could just see him in this family and I could see him with Chani. He's smart, he's funny, he's a good sport, he's willing to help and support and he's just so much fun to be around. Happy Birthday, Craig! I'm glad we are family.

No comments: