
They came to visit us as they passed through our area on their way from Oregon to Utah. I have only met them once or twice before and then just briefly. Brent and Niki are fun, very warm, very extending and game to do just about anything. They have 3 yellow lab "children" and when I am with them I feel a sense of belonging since we have one orange "child". Kindness is such a balm, as is understanding, as is feeling less like the odd one out. It was a delight to be with them. We love you!
**Going to Wicked in SLC at Capitol Theatre
(see post below)
**Darren's Siblings

We had the chance to do family pictures again with Darren's family. It's been a few years, and in his family, that means there are about 8 people missing from the previous photo. Although there was a brief moment of humiliation from the photographer about if we have kids and where are our kids.....in front of everyone, I felt my hot face cool as in gratitude that his siblings, for the most part, have never made me feel left out or less than because we don't fit in, in that particular area. As I looked at each of them, I felt love and gratitude that I have sisters and brothers in laws that I really, truly love. I'm a lucky
girl.**Jamie Suzanne

This is Darren's oldest sister's little girl. Over the weekend, in fact on Wicked Saturday, Jamie turned 4. She's one of our nieces and nephews that Darren and I just adore. She's very much a girl and just this quiet, little thing. In honor of her birthday, here are 4 things about her....
1-She loves Mentos
2-She's just shy enough to make it cute
3-She kinda hopes to be 6
4-We have the same middle name
Happy Late Birthday, Jamie!
**Claire Marie
This is Darren's 2nd oldest sister's new baby. Claire was born on the same day as Jamie's birthday, the 25th. That's so funny to me as both sisters will have both younger daughters with the same birthdays. Also, it was Wicked Saturday. She seems to be a pretty quiet little thing.....we'll see. I think Chani deserves to have an easy going child when it's your 3rd. That seems like it is only fair. :o) It was fun to head up to the hospital on Sunday and have just some one on one time, quiet time, with Chani and Claire. Chani is so good about being inclusive that it made sometimes a very difficult thing, just fun and easy. No big, hyped up group to get lost in.....just a small consecrated minute. Congratulations Chani......I love you. And welcome to the family, Claire. You have pretty neat parents. (Pictures to follow)
3 comments:
Jenn,
It is nice to hear what's going in on in your life. We miss playing games and hanging out with you guys. We often think about our apartment days! We get to go to Wicked tomorrow! I'm soooo excited and I'm glad you liked it! We need to see you guys soon - as we always say!
Darren, do you realize you're the only male wearing a brown shirt?
Cameron
Hi Jenn,
It sounds like you had a great time at Wicked. I would love to see it. It has been fun to read what you guys have been up to on your blog. I hope you are doing well!
Love,
Kristen
Post a Comment