*My Brother Josh
As I have said in past posts, I have the best brothers in the world. This weekend, I was able to have my brother Josh here with me. He needed a break from the daily routine in IF and asked if he could come to my house for the weekend. Josh and I haven't always been the closest and some of our choices in this life have been very different from the other, but none of that seemed to matter as we just enjoyed each other and had fun and good talks. We spent the day in Twin Falls on Thursday, shopping a little, getting food, and seeing Shoshone Falls. The water is high right now so it is beautiful.
On Saturday, we went up to Pomerelle, the ski resort and then spent the morning and afternoon exploring and hiking around the City of Rocks. It was SO fun to have him with me. I learned or maybe remembered some things about Josh. I feel safe with him. I know he is very capable and when we are in the mountains, I feel safe with him with me. His profoundly insightful and clear about himself and what he needs to do. He adores his little girl and she adores him. He's loyal, he's kind, he's respectful and extremely brave......and I am blessed each day that he is my brother.
*My Whitney
This is a week of many birthdays for our family......Whitney, my niece or more closely, my cousin's oldest daughter is turning 14 tomorrow. I can't believe she is 14. Things change as you grow up and make decisions and I can hardly think of any of those changes affecting the time I get with her when I am in Utah. So here are 14 things about Whitney in honor of her birthday.....
1. She's a semi-retired cheerleader.....for the moment
2. She's VERY funny
3. She's kind and beautiful
4. She's sensitive to the feelings and needs of others
5. She loves her iHome
6. She's a professional mac n cheese maker
7. She's the 3rd child in her family
8. She's the oldest girl
9. She used to love to streak around the house at high speeds after bath time when she was little
10. She's awesome on Guitar Hero
11. She's amazing at Math
12. She's a Twilight fan
13. She and I have Ann in our middle names somewhere
14. She is an example to me
*My Uncle Bill
Another birthday person this week.....my uncle Bill. Bill is married to my mother's oldest sister, Sally. He is the only other in-law in my mother's family, other than my Dad.
I have a unique relationship with my Uncle Bill. I've been close to him since I was a child. For many years, and in some ways even today, he is my surrogate father. I have been witness to many tender mercies shown to me and those around him. He is patient, he is kind. He is respectful and yet, bold. He gives the best hugs and makes the best milk shakes. He is generous and fun. I love him so very much. Happy Birthday, Banana Man!
*Elder Hinckley
Elder Hinckley spoke at our Regional Conference today. Although it's difficult to be your own person and not live in the shadow of your father, when your father is the prophet.......I loved seeing that same spirit in Elder Hinckley. It was like watching a younger version of President Hinckley and I found myself missing our Prophet. Change is good and imperative, but sometimes you just get those twinges of missing someone you love and are grateful for. Today, it was gratitude for a whole family I love to hear speak.
*Atkins
My Dr. has me on this strawberry drink from Atkins. They aren't terrific tasting, but they are loaded with protein.....something that has never been my strength. I have come to love them. They are fairly tasty, and extremely low in sugar and so that makes for a better overall feeling in Jennifer's body....which I will take. Thank goodness for little things that make life a little easier.
As I have said in past posts, I have the best brothers in the world. This weekend, I was able to have my brother Josh here with me. He needed a break from the daily routine in IF and asked if he could come to my house for the weekend. Josh and I haven't always been the closest and some of our choices in this life have been very different from the other, but none of that seemed to matter as we just enjoyed each other and had fun and good talks. We spent the day in Twin Falls on Thursday, shopping a little, getting food, and seeing Shoshone Falls. The water is high right now so it is beautiful.
On Saturday, we went up to Pomerelle, the ski resort and then spent the morning and afternoon exploring and hiking around the City of Rocks. It was SO fun to have him with me. I learned or maybe remembered some things about Josh. I feel safe with him. I know he is very capable and when we are in the mountains, I feel safe with him with me. His profoundly insightful and clear about himself and what he needs to do. He adores his little girl and she adores him. He's loyal, he's kind, he's respectful and extremely brave......and I am blessed each day that he is my brother. *My Whitney
This is a week of many birthdays for our family......Whitney, my niece or more closely, my cousin's oldest daughter is turning 14 tomorrow. I can't believe she is 14. Things change as you grow up and make decisions and I can hardly think of any of those changes affecting the time I get with her when I am in Utah. So here are 14 things about Whitney in honor of her birthday.....1. She's a semi-retired cheerleader.....for the moment
2. She's VERY funny
3. She's kind and beautiful
4. She's sensitive to the feelings and needs of others
5. She loves her iHome
6. She's a professional mac n cheese maker
7. She's the 3rd child in her family
8. She's the oldest girl
9. She used to love to streak around the house at high speeds after bath time when she was little
10. She's awesome on Guitar Hero
11. She's amazing at Math
12. She's a Twilight fan
13. She and I have Ann in our middle names somewhere
14. She is an example to me
*My Uncle Bill
I have a unique relationship with my Uncle Bill. I've been close to him since I was a child. For many years, and in some ways even today, he is my surrogate father. I have been witness to many tender mercies shown to me and those around him. He is patient, he is kind. He is respectful and yet, bold. He gives the best hugs and makes the best milk shakes. He is generous and fun. I love him so very much. Happy Birthday, Banana Man!
*Elder Hinckley
Elder Hinckley spoke at our Regional Conference today. Although it's difficult to be your own person and not live in the shadow of your father, when your father is the prophet.......I loved seeing that same spirit in Elder Hinckley. It was like watching a younger version of President Hinckley and I found myself missing our Prophet. Change is good and imperative, but sometimes you just get those twinges of missing someone you love and are grateful for. Today, it was gratitude for a whole family I love to hear speak.*Atkins
My Dr. has me on this strawberry drink from Atkins. They aren't terrific tasting, but they are loaded with protein.....something that has never been my strength. I have come to love them. They are fairly tasty, and extremely low in sugar and so that makes for a better overall feeling in Jennifer's body....which I will take. Thank goodness for little things that make life a little easier.
No comments:
Post a Comment