Wednesday, May 20, 2009

10 Years Ago......

Tomorrow, it will be 10 years ago that Darren and I walked into the walls of the Bountiful Temple as two pretty cool single people......and walked out an eternal family. My grandfather, who sealed us, reminded us of our covenants. We haven't ever forgotten that, Grandpa. From others, I remember much of the counsel I received was that the first year is always the hardest. That wasn't the case with Darren and I. Our most difficult years came as we struggled to bring the rest of our family into our home. We learned early on that trials can cement a relationship quicker or drive you apart faster, depending on if you turn to each other and invite the Lord to be part of the process.
Looking back over our decade as a married couple I have grown a lot. I always knew I would marry someone who loved the Gospel, who took his covenants seriously, who honored the divinity of womanhood, who was patient and kind, who was willing to put aside the ego for humility, and through all of it, teach me some powerful lessons. I found that in Darren. Not only that, but he's quite a beautiful thing to look at too. :o)
I see women around me who are struggling with husbands who find it difficult to see beyond themselves, who don't understand their role as provider, who don't lead out in family worship, and who struggle to keep the 'natural man' in check.
I am forever grateful for a husband who never makes me worry, who doesn't expect me to take on his roles, and in that allows me greater joy in taking on my role as wife and mother in our home. Hopefully, our children will get the idea and come motoring down from heaven. Either way......I couldn't have ridden this ride without my love. Happy Anniversary, sweetheart.

3 comments:

scrapsidaisy said...

Happy Anniversary guys! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful anniversary!

Tanaya and Tim said...

That is so sweet! This is a secret, but I always thought he was my cutest older cousin :)