Sunday, August 2, 2009

Samplings From Our Garden.....

I LOVE having a vegetable garden. I love planting, waiting for new plantlings to come up through the ground, watering, pruning, spraying bugs and finally the harvest. I really love it. The year I was ill I wasn't able to do a garden and it was very, very hard for me to let that go. This year, we did some fun new things. My dearest friend, Cecile, told me to plant purple beans and purple potatoes. We couldn't find purple potatoes but we did plant beans and they are so yummy! They really are purple! When you cook them, they go back to being green. Here are a few things from our garden that are so yummy!

Butter Lettuce was also something new we tried and it turned out wonderful!


And of course, red potatoes......so yummy, so yummy!

1 comment:

Heather Yates said...

I'm so glad you found our blog so I could peek into yours! Your garden veggies look delicious. I wanted a garden so much this past summer, but we didn't plant in time, plus we were going to be gone a month with no one to water it . . . even so I'd like to try to get a garden in next summer. Eating the food that you had planted and grown is the best, isn't it?