Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Favorite Things.......this week

*My Sunglasses
Part of having LASIK surgery, is the absolute importance of sunglasses when you are outside. I have a pair stashed all over. Two in the car, one in my purse, 3 in the house, one in Darren's car......it's essential. The sun is way too bright after LASIK. The other bonus, is I LOVE to people watch. Love it. However, most people don't understand my joy when they are the ones being watched. Wearing dark glasses allows you to watch people, without them knowing you are watching them. See? This way, everyone wins!

*My Husband's Sense of Humor
We are at the Dr. on Tuesday for the upteenth time this year......As I'm laying there feeling a little anxious and a lot tired and uncomfortable, Darren makes this witty comment about helping ourselves to some of the items in the room we are in. We got laughing so hard, I am sure the nurses thought we were nuts. At least nuts. You'd never expect that from my husband and I am so grateful for his comic relief. It's delightful.

*My Oliver & Elphie
We had 2 of the wild kittens we feed, die unexpectedly this week. Although I know it's part of life, especially when you are wild, it is NOT my favorite part. So as I am burying these 2 little kittens I see my own kitties looking out the window at me and I feel grateful for 2 little furry balls of fun and love.....and I feel thankful for tender mercies.

*Tapioca Pudding
Or fish eyes and glue, as my Dad would say. Because my naughty aunt got me started on the stuff, I can't stop eating it. I make it as low fat as possible, so that's good but I am definitely in addiction mode. That can't be good, right? I go through these phases, and right now, it's definitely tapioca pudding. What phase are you in?

*Joven Musk & Donna Karan Cashmere perfume
One is inexpensive, one not so much......I love them both. I love to smell them as I am doing laundry from a previous day I had sprayed some. I love it on other people, which isn't unusual.....oft times it's finding a fragrance that you like with your own chemistry, that isn't too overpowering and that you don't tire of easily.

No comments: