Yesterday I was sprinting across my aunt's yard only to clip my pant leg with my shoe and slammed my body to the ground. It wasn't one of those graceful falls where you fall to your knees and hands and then get back up. It was a full body slam.....belly flop and all. This morning I woke up to a migraine and the sorest body I've ever had. Two purple knees and stomach ache to match, made me very grateful for when I can cough or sneeze and not be brought to tears. :o)
**OUR CAR
Travel is an endless part of our world, here in Declo. Although we are hoping to move soon, we don't know when that will be exactly and so we travel to meet our needs. I am grateful for our little Mazda 6 that carries us safely to and fro. For our grandpa Geo Prism that carries us safely to and fro. After our car drama with our Honda last year, our gratitude is now even more personal. **MY MOTHER
My aunt is into watching The Bachelor......not my thing. Not my thing at all. I know this falls under the heading of a "Reality Show" but pray tell, who's reality would this be? Seriously. So we (my mom and I) are tuning in because it happens to be humorous. What we heard over and over were the phrases "you are just so amazing" AND "I am just really in love with him right now." Right now? What does that mean? So as I am leaving for home yesterday and my mom are talking about a few planning details for Spring Break, I turn to her and look deeply into her eyes and say "I'm just really falling in love with you right now." We both burst into hysterical giggles.....which even now, is making me laugh and my tummy hurts too much to write anymore. Oh, she's very funny, that mother of mine.
**LOOKING FORWARD
Winter in Declo can get VERY long and very mundane. There are pros and cons to every situation but the quietness of our home combined with the quietness of the area makes me crazy. I love the rest winter brings and then I am equally thankful for the promise of spring. Making things grow and seeing new life brings me great joy. We might even adopt a little sister for Oliver. Maybe a grey version of him. This way he has a playmate when we are not home.
**INTERNET
I have loved having faster internet service. As I am looking to take a couple of online classes in the fall, it will come in extra handy. I'm pretty sure I waited in line to come to earth at a time that technology was thriving. I probably pushed my way into line, I'm pretty sure. :o)
1 comment:
ok so we seriously could be twins. I'm so darn graceful too! I constantly trip and fall when I am going UP the stairs. All the time.
Post a Comment