Friday, March 20, 2009

My Favorite Things.....this week!

**Homecomings
We have spent the week in Idaho Falls as it is Darren's Spring Break and we both had a few Dr appointments. While here, I was able to get together with an old friend. One I have known since I was a teenager and one who has been very dear to me since. There is about a 25 year span in our ages but when we are together it's so easy and feels like home. She is never bashful in asking me about my life and very bold in her questions. Although I am not used to that, it is a gift and a relief to remember that with her, I have the ability to be who I am without judgement, share what I'm doing with interest, and want to be better because of her example. It is peace and love I feel when we have some time together and she is......a homecoming.

**My Brother Zach

Zachary, my youngest brother, will be ordained a priest this Sunday. Along with that he was able to get his Patriarchal Blessing this week and when his lineage was declared, it was different than what we have seen in our family. As I pondered that, I pondered Zachary's life. I am so proud of the young man he is and the man he is becoming. His goodness and his desire to make wise choices are clearly born out of the person he has chosen to become. He is clear about how he feels about things and motivated to improve himself. I love to watch him serve those around him and he is always game to go play with the family. Not every teenager is willing to do that. I love that kid and am so grateful he is my brother.
**St. Patrick's Day
Like Valentine's Day......it's just a freebie holiday. No obligation, no over-done commercialism, just free and fun. I adore the color green as well, so to see so much of it and have a reason to wear my "Everyone Loves An Irish Girl" shirt, is just so much fun. Anything that is a reminder that green and spring are on the way, gets an A in my book.

**The Moon & Stars
I went for a run the other night and for the first time in months, it was warm enough to be outside and clear enough to see the stars. I love the moon. I always have. I look for it at night and feel the peace of the glows that comes from it's surface when it is so dark everywhere else in the sky.

**Razors
It takes me 35 minutes to dry my hair........and that's just my noggin. So shaving??? Yep, without razors, we could easily have a 'missing link' Darwin situation. Not good. Not good at all.

No comments: