Monday, February 23, 2009

My Favorite Things.......


**The Concert.....THE Concert
My cousin Leslie and I, were privileged to see this person in concert.....this week. It was amazing. We saw her in Las Vegas the year before she retired from the MGM Grand. It was fun to have 2 experiences, together, to see Celine perform. I actually love that she is 41 and going strong. I love that she brought her aged mother and her 8 year old son on tour with her. I love that her marriage and child and family are such a priority. It is always a joy to see someone embrace what they love, be classy about it, and share their talent with others. It was VERY fun!


** My nieces
Whitney and Megan......aren't they cute? Whenever I get some time with them I am reminded of how good, inside and out, they are. They are darling, they are kind, they are fun, and they are very different from each other. And yet, that just seems to add to the fun they have together. Darren has 2 pictures in his office, one of me and one with Megan and Whitney. When I am with them, and get off the phone with Darren, it's always "hug and kiss the girls for me. Tell them that I love them." They feel like our children.....and we feel very generous that we share them with their parents! :o)

**Computer Dr's
Yep, we had to have a little physical done on our computer to keep it healthy and strong. I am NOT a hardware person, so it is a reminder that I am grateful for those who know more than I do and make things work on my computer. It's my lifeline to the outside world.

**My cousin Leslie
We are 2 of the only 4 granddaughters that are part of our mothers' side of the family. We are the oldest of our families and both have a younger sister, that we adore. To look at us, we are vanilla and chocolate. She's about 2 inches taller than I am with blonde hair and green eyes, while I am 2 inches shorter with dark hair and dark eyes. She's 48, and I'm 32. She's the oldest of the oldest sibling and I am the oldest of the youngest. And yet, all we know is that when we get together it is joy. We talk about anything and everything. She knows the deepest parts of me and I her, and it only adds to the depth of our bond. Treats, going to Costco, crying at movies, laughing at our family, crying about hard things, talking about our tender things, and working through those few things we might not see eye to eye on, only make something unbelievable, even better.

**My iHome
I got this as a gift 2 Christmases ago. I LOVE it. It is a radio and then I can attach my iPod to it and it plays everything on my iPod, while it charges my iPod. It's a lovely invention and I just love having it in my kitchen.

No comments: