Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Grateful Things......this week

* Good Listeners

In my world, I am usually the one who is listening and not the one who is talking. This I like, as I would rather hear what someone else's experience is than trying to think of an interesting one myself. But this week I have felt grateful for those few people who ask about my world and all it's components, and allow me to share.

*Examples Around Me

We all are dished out a healthy portion of gifts and struggles for our good. I am very grateful this week for those I see around me who have the courage to be themselves. Those who are making choices based on their own inner guidance system and not the pull of the crowd. For those who are struggling with finances, unemployment, health, etc, and doing it all with faith and grace.

*My brother Jake

The brother who is handsome (they all are however), the brother who is kind, the brother who is willing, the brother who is funny, the brother who is creative, the brother who is an amazing listener, the brother who is clever, the brother who is brilliant, the brother who has beautiful hair, the brother who is so dear to me.

*Inspired Leadership

I had the chance this week to feel discounted and hurt by a Priesthood leader in my ward. A feeling I have not had ever before. With that I also was able to feel the support of my sweet Stake President and my husband from humility and strength. I am very grateful to all those men who work, have families, and serve so diligently in the church, and still have time and energy to support and honor the feelings of the women in their lives. Amazing.

*Science & Technology

We are revisiting the fertility road again.....oh my. That was not the most pleasant experience the first time around. However, when I met with my Dr in Idaho Falls I felt at peace with her game plan and thankful for how well she supported and listened to my concerns and my feelings. The fact that we even have this option is amazing. To have the blessing of figuring out what isn't working so we can skip around it and help make it work, is a gift of this time and season we live in. As it can be very physically demanding, not mention the emotion involved, it is wonderful that I can take the time in caring for my body because of the marvelous way my sweet husband supports our family.

No comments: