My nephew Nick is having a birthday this week....and turning 21. I realize that I am only 12 years older than the lad, but my feelings land somewhere in between feeling like his big sister to feeling like his mother to wanting to marry him myself because he's one of my best friends. He's quite an amazing human being.....and he just came that way. He's easy to talk to, he's interested in what you think and how you feel, he sees the good in everyone, he is kind to children and animals, he's hilarious, he's generous, he's a hugger, and he's very nice to look at. :o) I love you Nick......wish we were celebrating together!
#2--BONNIE the wee lass
No, she's not Scottish, but it just seems to fit. Bonnie, my sister-in-law, is also having a birthday this week. As being the first two women to marry into the Lotz Family (this generation), it's been fun to have someone on the ride who can make me laugh, who is sweet, who is grounded, who is real, who is also very hilarious, who is honest, and who sees the best in me. Not an easy task, mind you. :o) We've bonded over food, laughing at family stuff, crying at family stuff, exercise, blogging, childbirth, miscarriage, and everything in between. It's a gift to find a kin spirit. Happy Birthday Bonnie! Remember, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE OLDER......I am NOT your mother. :o)
#3--PRESIDENT'S DAY
A chance to fly the flag......a chance to feel grateful.....a chance for a day off.......again, feeling grateful.....a chance to embrace the freedoms we enjoy......a chance to feel thankful that even with tax season, it's still the greatest country in the world.....a chance to realize January is over......again with the gratefulness......a chance to pause, to think, to ponder, to meditate, to offer thanks.
#4--SCRIPTURE APPLICATION
So, in Gospel Doctrine on Sunday, we were discussing and reading some passages of scripture. We then went into Sacrament Meeting and the speaker was reading one of the stories of Jesus. As I was pondering on what he was saying, he read a scripture about someone being "a lunatick (this is the spelling) and being sorely vexed." Immediately, my irreverent mind, went to my cat. Who I KNOW is sorely vexed and when he races around here after using the litter box, like he's high on caffeine, then I KNOW he's a lunatick. This did not help me stifle the wave of giggles I felt in Sacrament Meeting. Darren hates going to church with me, I'm pretty sure.
#5--CLEANING THE TEMPLE
With our new Twin Falls temple up and running, our ward was given the assignment to clean the temple. Something I have wanted to do for awhile. Although I would be thrilled to help mop floors, as I was just so excited to be able to do this, I kept this little prayer in my heart that I would be on the crew to clean the celestial room. I was one of the last people of 22 to get my assignment, and guess where it was?!?!? The celestial room......and I was the only person assigned to dust and wipe things off in there. I felt a little foolish at first, just because it's not really a messy room. What, pray tell, would I clean?? I straightened, dusted, and wiped all I was asked to do. It was a powerful experience for me.....because for about 10 minutes, I had it completely to myself. No other cleaners were that far down there, the vaccuming was down the hall. For those 10 minutes, I relished in the energy, the beauty, the feeling, and the Presence I felt in that room.
What a gift!
1 comment:
Wow, what a neat experience to clean the celestial room! Thanks for sharing that.
And thanks for the birthday wishes. I feel the same way about you and thank my lucky stars everyday that we married brothers! I do have to ask why I am grounded though. Whatever I did, I'm sorry. It won't happen again.
Sorry, being married to one of those Lotz boys has made me have a weird sense of humor!!
Post a Comment