Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving....Thankful Things

1--The Very Word........Thanksgiving.....Giving thanks.....gratitude....appreciation....thank you.
I just love them all. I love that we have a holiday dedicated to a feeling, an expression, an action, a word, that we should incorporate more every day we are blessed to draw breath.

2--Power of Gratitude
I am amazed at the power gratitude can have in everything we do. The more we look for reasons to give thanks, the more abundance is showered upon us. Although times that are painful, stressful, discouraging seem to be completely opposite of feeling gratitude, they are powerful times to be driven to our knees and finding gratitude. There is always something to be grateful for and in those times, it can be the most powerful of all.

3--Mashed Potatoes
I really love mashed potatoes.....the mashed potatoes, gravy, turkey bite is my favorite. So yummy.

4--Time Together
I enjoy time to relax and talk, or play games or whatever. Not much chance of that this year as we will be at Darren's family's for Thanksgiving and it's VERY busy. Seriously, crazy. However, it will be nice to see his siblings/spouses as we do not live there anymore and don't get the chance to see them as often as we'd like.

5--Pumpkin
I adore the color, the word, and most anything that is made of pumpkin.....except pie. Isn't that odd? I just detest pumpkin pie. It has the consistency of the Mexican dessert "flan" and it's just yucky. I am working on having a better appreciation for it though. Pumpkin roll, with a cream cheese fill, now that is an entirely different story all together. So yummy, so yummy.

1 comment:

Tanaya and Tim said...

Hi, this is Darren's cousin Tanaya. I just found your blog and think it is so cute. I love your posts (especially on art). It's fun to keep in touch!