1--Little (younger) brothers. I love being the oldest......and I haven't always felt that way, but I am realizing more and more that I have the funnest siblings. We are all in different places in our lives, we have all made different choices and we don't always agree on most things.....but I just adore them. We are all quite spread out in our ages, and yet, it has been such a delight to watch them grow into adulthood. To play and enjoy each other as adults now, has been such a gift.
2--Honesty of Children. I have a niece who took something from a store when she was on a field trip. Mind you, she's in grade school. Since, she and her mother, by my niece's request, went back to the place and paid for it. This has been a year ago. Last night, she peeks her little shampooed head out of the shower to tell me all about it. After finishing, she says, "Jenn, it just helps to be able to tell someone." I thought....you are so right. There is something in the telling, regardless of what it is. I love that she would feel safe to share......it's so cute.
3--My toothbrush. I have this toothbrush that is rechargeable from Sonicare. I love it. When it's time for bed, brushing isn't my favorite thing. I want the clean teeth, but the effort........wow. So I bought this little power toothbrush that does all that work for me. All I have to do is hold it in the right place. Sister Hinckley was right......it's a marvelous invention!
4--Voting. This year, for me, was not a clear choice as far as candidates were concerned. I felt, as I have felt in one previous election, a little heavy hearted with concern. I am grateful for a deeper understanding of this country and it's place, not only today, but where it has come from and it's place in eternity. It is always interesting to watch the unfolding, but I am grateful to be an American, to be a woman, to be God-fearing, and the gift I hold to excercise my agency through voting. It's a good thing!
5--Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. I went with 2 friends to lunch yesterday for a birthday. I don't make tons of soup at my house because with just the 2 of us we end up eating it until April. However, it was a chilly day and they had homemade soup. So I ordered a bowl and much to my delight, it had those thick and fat noodles that taste homemade. I love that! So yummmy, so yummy.
1 comment:
I love the one about the telling. How true, how true. Thanks for being the one that I "tell" to sometimes.
Post a Comment