Saturday, November 15, 2008

Favorite Things......this week!

1--Sounds of kids--I am tending my nieces for a couple of weeks while their parents are traveling through Greece. Although schedules are a little crazier than I am used to with my house, I have forgotten how much I miss the sound of little people at home. Cartoons on Saturday morning, footsteps getting ready for school, giggles at something funny my cat does. Maybe it's the sounds of family, not just "couple-hood" I miss.

2--My king sized, Tempurpedic bed--Sleeping is/has always been a little bit of a drama for me. It's delightful. I have always (well for the last few years) taken a mild sleeping aid just to help get me to sleep. I haven't been able to take anything the last month and a half or so, and knowing that, my parents (unbeknown to us) helped us buy a new bed. It's really a slice of heaven on earth. Ahhhhhhhhhh!

3--People joining your family.....that you like--My sister called me 2 nights ago and told me she was engaged! It's very exciting, especially for her. Her fiancee is a very different choice than she has dated in the past. He's fun, he's kind, he's good to her....and they are very happy. It's fun.....those phases of life we pass into. Things to announce, to prepare for, new experiences.....very fun!

4--People who can say "thank you"--Yes, it's Niece Week for Jennifer and it's been a week of running and picking up and dropping off and coordinating and late nights and early mornings and and and and and and and and and....whew. I don't remember having a social life when I was 13. As I was driving my 13 year old niece home from a friend's house, we were just chatting and after a pause of what the night's events were, she leaned over and said "Thank you Ferfie." (Yes, that's my nickname.......don't ask) While she was at a friend's house, I took my younger niece, the 10 year old, to Madagascar 2 and then to her friend's house to watch a soccer game. Just before we got to the movie, she puts her little tomboy hand on mine and says, "Thank you Ferfie". What a powerful phrase.......do we say that enough?

5--Colors of Autumn--Honestly, other than water, there isn't anything more beautiful.....I adore this time of year. All my favorite colors out where I can see them. I love the trees that are kissed by early morning sun and seem to change quicker than the rest of the tree. I love those burning bushes that get more red than you'd ever think could be found in nature. We do NOT live in a broken world.....we live in such a glorious place.

1 comment:

scrapsidaisy said...

Amen to all of that. I too love love LOVE the fall colors. Yum.