Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's A..........GIRL!

Having only come this far in this pregnancy, there are 2 appointments that take FOREVER to come around. The first appointment with my Dr and the ultrasound appointment. Leading up to both appointments, the really optimistic part in my brain kicks in and wonders "what if I am just getting chubby and there really isn't a baby in there??" Even though all evidence is to the contrary, my nature in the baby department is preparing for the worst and evidently, the most weird and impossible. The ultrasound appointment wasn't any different......even with evidence like this..... I am realizing how much more is a matter of faith and trust, even when there is obvious proof, because my brain turns to illogical mush and tries to function when things are too good or too exciting.
When we got home from our ultrasound, this is what awaited us on my mother's front porch...
We were to pop the balloons of whatever we weren't having. Darren was so cute about it too. He grabbed a pink one and then popped the blue ones with the other hand, so for a minute, he had psyched everyone out on what we were having. My aunt and my mother are so cute about things like this. It makes the worry diminish greatly when there is so much excitement and positive energy about this process wherever we go. We finally took time to read what was on the balloon. A picture of our final balloon by our baby girl.....(as close as you can get, I guess) And then big kisses from her Daddy.....Sometimes I don't want to breathe for fear I will wake up and find I was dreaming. I adore my husband, we are having a baby finally, he loves his job, we love our little home and our community, and we have such a supportive family. My cup truly runneth over. When the Lord said that He would "pour out blessings upon your heads, so much that you would not have room enough to receive it" I now know what He means. My heart isn't big enough for the gratitude I feel. What a beautiful place to relax into.....

2 comments:

Cameron and Amy said...

Very exciting news guys! Jen jr. is going to change your lives.

Cam

Jenn said...

Cam....you are so cute. It will be fun, even if we live in 2 different states, to have daughters so close in age. We miss you guys. Let's do a visit in November when we are down, K? Hug Amy for us!