Last week, as a family, we took an all day biking trip to Skull Canyon. This is the summit from which we took our family picture. Isn't it beautiful? It's rare to get every member of my immediate family on one outing. For just a minute, although I missed Darren being there, it was fun to just marinate in the moment.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
The Sargent Family Biking Trip to Skull Canyon
I come from an avid biking family. No, not the pedal bikes, although I love doing that too. Motorcycles. Dirt bikes in particular, although my mother and brother both have a 750 street bike. At quite a young age, I learned to ride a 2 stroke 250. If that bike fell on me, I wouldn't be able to get it off of me. The solution? Don't ever wreck! :o)
Last week, as a family, we took an all day biking trip to Skull Canyon. This is the summit from which we took our family picture. Isn't it beautiful? It's rare to get every member of my immediate family on one outing. For just a minute, although I missed Darren being there, it was fun to just marinate in the moment.
One of the many trails we could see from the summit.
Skull Canyon is one of the many mining towns in the area. We discovered this abandoned mine in our travels. You had to crawl down a small hole to get to it, but what a cool shaft! Something about the history of this area is so appealling to me and yet, it kinda gives me the creepy crawlies.
My niece, Cora, and I were "twins" since I put both of us in 2 braids. We also found a flower that we thought would add to our dirty loveliness......I end up looking like Little Cindy Loo-Hoo, however. My mother managed to capture my gorgeous biking hair in the cave.....thanks, Mom.
One of many pictures of me with the men in my life. This one with my youngest brother Zachary. When, pray tell, did I become the shortest and wimpiest of the bunch?? I remember when my bark, although worse than my bite, was much bigger and taller than all my younger siblings. I can't believe how quickly we are all growing up. I expect that being the oldest. When I see it in my brothers' lives......it all feels too quick.
Last week, as a family, we took an all day biking trip to Skull Canyon. This is the summit from which we took our family picture. Isn't it beautiful? It's rare to get every member of my immediate family on one outing. For just a minute, although I missed Darren being there, it was fun to just marinate in the moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment