Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Weekend 2010

As part of his campaign for "it hurts my face to shave everyday even though I've been doing it for 15 years" Darren likes to not shave over Christmas break. It gives his poor sensitive skin a break and that is always nice. He's good about keeping it trimmed and looking clean
and we have a tradition to document the end results just before they end up in the drain.
Here is the before photo..... sorry about the nostril shot. I took it sitting down.This is the half way mark...... Darren's facial whiskers remind me of a bag of skittles. He literally has almost every color in his beard. So funny!
In Idaho Falls, while visiting with my family over New Year's, we woke up to this. Isn't it beautiful? It was disappointing to come home to Declo and find that it looks like a nuclear site.....a little crusty snow and bunches of dead sagebrush. I do love a heavy snowstorm!
I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a fun New Year. I am convinced that 2010 will bring about some good news, some changes for good, and some unexpected blessings for all of us.
Let's be on the look out! Our love to each of you.

2 comments:

Cameron and Amy said...

Love the half beard shot. It reminds me of my nephew who went around with a half beard for three or four months. He thought he was funny. Miss you guys.

Jenn said...

We miss you guys too. Tons. Remind me why we don't live closer???