Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bleh....it was inevitable

Um, January.....in Idaho.....in a town with 340 people.....with wind.......rain.....wind....drizzle......wind.....post holiday clean-up......wind.....you get the picture, right? I think I need a little vitamin boost and a trip somewhere fun. January is the start of a new year, which should be exciting. It's also the beginning of resolutions and tax season coming up. Wow. Really, that just feels like more wind.
My darling little brother, who is 22 and not so little anymore, heads off to boot camp in one week. One week. Sigh. So good for him, but not fair he is going somewhere less windy and warmer, and I will miss him too much to think about.
On the upside, my Grandma Snow, my mother's mother, turned 92 on the 12th. I can see the wisdom, if you actually have it within your power, to have a baby in January. It definitely gives you something to look forward to that doesn't include w-i-n-d.
What do you get for someone who has probably owned anything twice in her lifetime? I decided to enroll her in Jennz Meal of the Month Club. So every month I am in IF, I will make her something homemade and yummy for dinner, complete with a visit. It's really a win-win. I might have done it to get a little time with Grandma, but that's a win-win too, I hope.
I need a book list......something that doesn't have "wind" in the title.....and doesn't take place in the dunes of the Arctic. Quickly. Cabin fever is the leading cause of death in Declo. Okay, maybe not. Maybe just at our house. ;o)

7 comments:

scrapsidaisy said...

I called the school because I was concerned about Miquelle having tardies and that is so unlike her and they said that it was the strangest thing but that they are finding that it happens to kids who have aunts named JENN. Hmmm...weird.

Cameron and Amy said...

I am liking the Dragon Slippers books by Jessica Day George. They're just cute YA books. If you're a romance girl Marcia Mcclure is the BEST! Love her. Cam is reading the Andre Aggassi biography and he's liking it. Um...The Ordinary Princess is really fun. Princess of the midnight ball. (Can you tell I'm on a fairy tale kick?) Or any of the Once Upon a Time series. They are fairy tales retold. Like The Frog Prince takes place during WWII. Then there's stuff like The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. Very inspiring. My favorite book ever is Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas. Let me know, I've got a million. Reading is my outlet!

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

Bonnie.....you are HILARIOUS! You know, I think it could be because we influenced her indirectly by not going to the last hour of church, in a ward that wasn't even ours AND not even Sacrament Meeting. You can see how the ripple effect can really ruin a niece! :o)
Amy! Thank you for the book lists. Keep them coming. You should read Sarah's Key. One of the best books I've ever read

Sayyadina said...

If there is anything I can do, it's list good books. So here it goes:
Basically anything by Orson Scott Card. Enchanted (one of my favorites) Ender's Game, Ender's shadow, and so on. The Alivn Maker Series (which is a fantasy adaptation of the Joseph Smith Story).
Fablehaven series by Bradon Mull.
Dune Series by Frank Herbert. (it's where my handle comes from)
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
Rebecca by Daphne DuMarier (is my alltime favorite)
The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. It has it's risque moments, which are sure to warm one up on a winters day. :) I'm going to try some of Amy's suggestinos, myself. Of course, you could take a road trip down to see us in Utah - where there is very little wind - and see my new house!

Jenn said...

Chels,
You are so cute! The next time I am headed to Utah I am going to get ahold of you and see if I could stop. I would love to see you and your house!

Tara R. said...

you make me laugh... I miss you! p.s. you should put in to teach seminary in Mountain Home. I hear it's a great place to live. (there's wind, but there's also more than 340 people.) Oh, also, I just read an amazing book called 'Three cups of Tea.'