Do you like it? Really, unless it's an obvious post about Christmas or a trip we've taken. In January and February, and well, every other month it's just kind of random journaling.....thus the title problem.

Lastly, I miss this place. It's actually my grandparents place out on the Snake River in Idaho Falls. I miss their house, I miss them, but I miss living near family. It's been 15 years since I lived in the town I grew up in. I'd like do-overs. Not forever, but for a season. It's such an important bonding experience to move away from home and especially to have your own household, just the two of you, when you are newly married. Now that we are old hat at this :o) (11 years in May), I'd like to be more of a ready support to my family. Can anyone arrange that? :o) 
UPDATE:
*We put my little brother, Jake, on a plane bound for South Carolina for boot camp at Fort Jackson. Jake's only been to Boise in the last few weeks. Holy cow. Is it possible to be so proud of him for being brave and so sad that childhood was over long before I realized it? Being the oldest it's been a stark realization that my family, my siblings, are all adults now. I don't know how Moms do it. I miss you already, Jake.

I had a little experience this week that was frightening for me. I am grateful that in my old age, I appreciate the varieties of people in my world. And I have quite a bit variety. Having family that empowers you to be a better and stronger you, and oft times sees much deeper into the chasm of strength that lies within each of us, is a gift and a blessing. Each new experience helps me understand another layer as to why the family is of central importance to our Heavenly Father. For these 2 people, I am very grateful. 

Lastly, I miss this place. It's actually my grandparents place out on the Snake River in Idaho Falls. I miss their house, I miss them, but I miss living near family. It's been 15 years since I lived in the town I grew up in. I'd like do-overs. Not forever, but for a season. It's such an important bonding experience to move away from home and especially to have your own household, just the two of you, when you are newly married. Now that we are old hat at this :o) (11 years in May), I'd like to be more of a ready support to my family. Can anyone arrange that? :o) 
No comments:
Post a Comment