In this picture of Mom and Elphie, I managed to get it right when Elphie is thinking, "See? I am so cute, I knew we would be friends. Let me lay on your lap." Mom....the smile is deceiving.....she is thinking "Get. Off. Me. Now. Don't make me throw you into space with witnesses in the room." She's a good sport. Mom, I mean. :o)
I am grateful for Darren's family for many reasons but this year I noticed how different each sibling is from the others. They all have the foundation of kindess and fun and positive attitudes. I love that. But it's some of their uniqueness I noticed this year and I am grateful that I have such a good relationship with my in-laws.
A few photos from the Christmas Party.....My darling BIL Trev, and my SIL, Bonnie. Then a picture of 4 grandsons hovered around something fun. If you look close you can see the very top of Chani's baby girl Claire on the left. And cute Darren with his Christmas Break facial hair.
We did the Lotz Family Christmas Eve party.......which is akin to walking through a fireworks factory whilst lighting a match. It's very loud, it's very intense, and oft times there are casualties. However, it's a fun show for all, and that's good too.
One night we noticed that the temple has snow clouds that were descneding on it and making the lights on the temple, adding to the etheral look while it glowed. We ran back for my camera and missed the best shots, but here's a taste. It was so cool!
Christmas morning......we got going quite late and it sounded like that was a common theme with a lot of families this year. It was nice albeit quiet. A little too quiet for me. Darren's Dad got an iPod this year and Oliver got a few kitten treats from Aunt Catherine. What a lucky kitty.
It's almost 2010....Resolution Time. Maybe I should resolve to be a better blogger? :o) I'll make the list and get back to you.
2 comments:
Oh.My.Word. that is a horrible picture of Trevor and I, and how funny that we both look like we are rolling our eyes! What is up with that? There was none of that happening from either of us...nope. Our eyes were glued straight ahead the whole time!! Loved the dinner out, a highlight of our weekend.
Oh and I am absolutely shocked that you did not go to priesthood or RS! That is just deplorable behavior.
Post a Comment