Sunday, September 27, 2009

Warm Fuzzies

**RS General Broadcast
I went to the Broadcast last evening and sat there feeling very grateful to belong to an organization that honors womanhood. There is much in our world, and many in it, trying to diminish the role of woman. I am grateful for these two people particularly. One who honors womanhood as dearly as the Priesthood he holds, and one who wants women everywhere to obtain all the blessings possible. In doing that, she expects us to step to the plate.....and is often criticized for it. My feelings on the subject........go Julie!
**Two Cute Friends
Not realizing that the Broadcast was last night, I was in a rush to make it on time. That afternoon I had 2 of my friends from Declo call to remind me and willing to save me a seat when I got there. It is such a gift to have GOOD friends.....and such a gift that even as a grown woman, they are still watching out for me. What a gift to be remembered.
**My Parents
My Mom and Dad are celebrating their anniversary today.......mind you, it's the day before my mother's birthday. Interesting planning you two! I married a man similar to my Dad. My parents are easy to be around, fun to be with, and fit like two pieces in a puzzle. I love them both, dearly.
**Teaching Relief Society
I actually taught last week and as I attended RS today and listened to another friend give her lesson, I was warmed all over for the women in my ward. The row of Grandmas that have much life experience and who's philosophy is often "get over it and do your part and the Lord will help you." It's so fun. Another friend there is buckets of sunshine every time I see her. Another one who is in a wheelchair with MS and has a handicapped son, who reminds me to be grateful and to remember not to whine. Relief Society wasn't something I watched the women in my family embrace much, and although I am still learning, I am grateful for it's place in my life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I say "Go Julie" too! I love her. I LOVED her "Mothers Who Know" talk, the talk that seemed to invite wrath from every corner. People most certainly took it the wrong way. But I think she's awesome.

Surprisingly, my favorite talk this time was Sister Thompson's. I really loved the idea of minding the gaps in our lives.

Jenn said...

I haven't always been drawn to Sister Thompson, and this time I LOVED her talk. I wonder if she knows how to frown? She always is wearing a smile!