Monday, September 21, 2009

Ahhhhh, My Favorite Things

*My Running Shoes

My sweetheart bought these for me for my birthday this summer and it is heaven to have the support of new shoes. I love them. I also feel like I'm part of the future with the cool little purple sole bubbles on them. I went running this morning and I was free of any soreness that often accompanies feet in shoes that died long ago.
*VisitsI was blessed to have my cousin Leslie come and stay the weekend at my house. We watched movies, went to dinner, talked and talked, laughed and laughed, played with my cats, and went for a walk around Declo. Nothing spectacular or monumental, but extremely important to me. I am grateful for a relationship as this is, that allows us to grow together, to talk anything and everything through, where being together is second skin, one that is very nurturing, and never one I have to worry about. I love you Leslie.
*My Ward
I have some unique friends in Declo......nearly all of these ladies are older than I am, some by about 15 years. This is not unique to me, but something I love. I watch Julie be such an amazing and funny mom with 4 little ones. I watch Terina be fiercely loyal not only to me but to all of her friends. I am grateful for Sandy and how absolutely funny and fun she is. She's never towing a rain cloud around. For Laura and her kind heart and sterling example of love of the Gospel. For Evelyn, who is grandmother to the entire ward. And to my very dear friend, Leslie, the girl from the land of the Maple leaves.......the near perfect example of the kind of friend I hope to be someday.
*Cucumbers
Home grown, garden fresh, green vegetables from heaven. I LOVE home grown cucumbers. I can and have been eating 2 or so in a setting. Not as good for my tummy, but oh so good for my taste buds. There will be a very big "sigh" when harvesting out of our garden is over for the season. Winter??? Bllllrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh!!

4 comments:

Cameron and Amy said...

Those shoes look like spaceships or something. Must be nice on the feet. We are a little more laid back. I got all excited when we got our NewBalance WALKING shoes, because they were a Consumer Reports best buy. Running is for crazy people!

Cam

Jenn said...

Haa haa haa....Cam. I actually have turned Darren into a runner. Can you believe it? And you know that Consumer Report is owned by the Nazis, right? Poor choice, Cam. Naughty, naughty. :o)
I hope you guys are good. Why don't we live closer??? Remind me?

David and Heather said...

Those shoes look super comfortable! I think I am going to take your book advice and read The Alchemist. I just finished Memoirs of a Geisha and need something new!

Jenn said...

Heather,
It's very interesting when you parallel some things with the Gospel. I'm a nut though.....I do that with Star Wars and Wizard of Oz and even Nemo. It's delightful to me to find hidden gems of truth in everything. You'll have to tell me if you like it.