Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ahhhh, Big Sky Country

After Bear Lake, in August, I was lucky enough to head to Idaho Falls for some super-fun Dr appointments. Not feeling great afterward, I took my sweet cousin Teresa up on her offer to come to her house. Teresa lives in Bozeman, Montana and I have yet to come to her house. Usually we get time together when we are in IF or in Bear Lake. Not quite enough time for me this summer, so I headed to Montana. It's a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL drive. Heading north from IF you pass the Tetons, then up through Island Park area, Henry's Lake, and then the gorgeous Gallatin Canyon. It was raining on the way up there, but it just made the mountains seem more majestic. Next time, I'll get some sunny pictures. Thank you, Teresa, for a little R&R at your house. I love Montana.....it's amazing on the way to Bozeman.There are only 4 granddaughters on my mother's side. My sister, me, my cousin Leslie, and my cousin Teresa (Leslie's sister). So I feel VERY grateful when we get a minute to play together. Why does Montana have to be so far away???
I am the biggest sucker for water and mountains.....but especially water. The Gallatin River is beautiful all the way through the canyon.
Majestic even when it's a little drizzle......what a wonderful world we live in.
Annnnnd, I was there the same time President Obama was visiting Big Sky. It was very cool to hear the choppers carrying the President fly right over Teresa's house. I've not heard anything that loud in a long, long time.

No comments: