Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day......day 1

When my Dad joined our family, I was a mere 11 years old, the oldest of 3 children, and had some fears about having a new Dad in our family. All 3 of us wanted Mom to marry Bart, but we all had our own hurts and worries that accompanied it. Over the years that apprehension has grown into a deep feeling of gratitude and peace. I love my Dad. Here's why.....

  • I love his kindness to other people
  • I love his calm, patient demeanor
  • I love how brilliant he is (he reads ALL the time)
  • I love his sense of humor (Mystery Science Theater 2000--hilarious)
  • I love his willingness to take on 3 kids and want them to be his own
  • I love his beautiful hair
  • I love when he teases my brothers that I am the favorite
  • I love that I have never, ever seen him lose his temper
  • I love his foot rubs
  • I love that he taught me how to hit golf balls across the river at grandma & grandpa's house
  • I love that he gave me his name, had me sealed to him, and in that gave me a sense of security and belonging
  • I love that he has taught me that blood is thicker than water, and love is thicker than anything

I love you, Dad......so much. Happy Father's Day........Love, The Favorite :o)

2 comments:

Sayyadina said...

That was beautiful! I know Bart so little . . . because he was always the calm backround to our childhood crazyness. Here's to us both having good dads!

Jenn said...

You are on, Chels! Yes, we both have wonderful Dads. How is your Dad? Is he still loving singing with the Choir? I look for him every time.