1--Hot Water
Darren and I noticed that our hot water supply was running out after a very short time of use......the water heater. The fun part, is if something is wrong, we don't have family to run over to and beg a shower. So, after consultation with my Dad, my husband, the non-handy guy that he is took it apart, cleaned it out, replaced the heating elements, filled it back up and after 30 minutes is running and heating wonderfully! He's a genius.
2--Teaching Relief Society
In my 32 years I have had many varieties of callings......but have yet had to teach Relief Society. I shared that with the ladies in my ward, and I received a collective sound of laughter from each of them. It might be my turn. I knew this calling was coming and have grown to really love it. I love to teach anyway, but it has been a joy to teach women. During the Christmas holiday I found myself thinking, albeit briefly, how incovenient it was to have to prepare a lesson while I was trying to get everything else ready. I came to realize, quickly, that that was the gift. To pause for study, meditation, and focus on the life of our Savior. That's the gift always.
3--Grandparents
We celebrated with my Grandma Snow (my mother's mother) her 91 birthday last week. I have been richly blessed to know her, but to also know all my grandparents. I lost my first grandparent, my father's mother Beth, when I was 19 years old. What a gift and an influence for good they have had on me.
4--Sunglasses
Because I had Lasik surgery a few years ago, my eyes are a little more sensitive to sunlight. I have sunglasses EVERYWHERE. When I lose a pair, it's chaos. What handy little things they are and I am very dependant on mine.
5--My Husband
We have had a huge decision come at us this month. Neither of us was sure what course to take. I love that we come to the table with our thoughts and feelings and discuss it. But more than that, I love that there is ALWAYS a feeling of love and support and we both know that there is not a decision made without us both being onboard. If one of us feels strongly, we do it, and the other backs entirely. He's one of a kind.....and I just love him!
1 comment:
Oh I loved reading these Jenn. Why can't we live closer to each other?? I just miss being around you.
I agree about teaching RS, I do that too. Although I do worry that I have been doing it long enough now that I am repeating myself. What week do you teach? I wonder if we teach the same lessons.
I agree with the sunglasses thing. I have been the same why since I had my Lasik too.
Post a Comment