These Babies of Ours
The last month and a half has been filled with end of the year stuff for both Makenna and Darren. Losing the baby increased our stress load by quite a bit for a few weeks. It's such a strange feeling to go through something like this and then come out of it and try and rejoin your life from before. I am finding that, for me, I just can't. This experience, however common, has changed me. My sensitivity to unkindness is greater and my tolerance for it is lower. My gratitude for tiny things and my desire to shed the unnecessary worry or negativity of the day to day has increased.
This little girl here, has been such a lift. She is sensitive and gentle and yet so much fun. She makes me want to take her everywhere, show her everything, and kiss her non-stop. I've convinced her that she still needs a little nap in the afternoon so I could snuggle with her. I absolutely love being her mother. Even when she gets annoyed with me and calls me Stepmother. Little punk.
For Memorial Day we decided to go over to the Park where they honored the veterans. There is a whole forest of flags they set up down by the river and it's so inspiring to see. I just love our flag, and what it stands for.
Miss Makenna "graduated" from preschool. Which just means that there was a ceremony for the kids to feel closure. We have loved Miss Rebekah. She's a perfect fit for Makenna. She's kind, patient, and well educated so she knows what she's doing. She's made so much progress this year and I feel a lot less concerned about Kindergarten.
This little monkey is my favorite snuggle buddy, ever. Going through this last month would have been much more difficult. Some days I wonder how I could be so lucky. He is literally the sweetest, most happy, mush face ever.
I had no idea that my heart could expand this much. I love my job.
No comments:
Post a Comment