Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Update #3 The Daddy

This has been Daddy's signature look the last few months.  Okay, the last 12.  It's tough to be married to a pregnant person who is bedridden most of the time.  Once that phase is over, the newborn phase begins and since Darren is NOT one of those men who expects his wife to take care of all things parental unless it falls perfectly between the hours of 11-noon on a Saturday, he was a tired monkey 
A LOT.  
We also, both, had very demanding callings.  Having him gone and me gone so much was hard on both of us.  Being pregnant, was unreal some days.  
It's amazing how we saw the hand of the Lord in our lives during this time, as we agreed to serve Him.  I missed only a few Sundays and Darren was able to go on all the scout trips and activities that were required of him.  
He's a good egg, and I love him a lot. 
 I took this picture from my bedroom window while laying in my bed.  Then I'd go throw up and come back and watch these two slaving away in the yard.  When we finally got our garden all weeded and tilled, we'd get people from our ward who would say "so, I see you've been working in your yard."  That's code for "good job working on that neighborhood eyesore of a garden you have there."  It's all good.  They were right.
 Makenna got a bike for her birthday and Daddy was awesome at working on it with her.  She is NOT a daredevil, so this was a risk for her, but she felt much better having Daddy right by her side as she learned.
 Part of the fun things about being the Primary President is being able to rope people into things.  Or in this case, support my music leader as she roped my husband and other dads, into this.  I love the common looks on their faces.  "Will we survive?"  "What did we do wrong to deserve whatever is going to happen to us?" So much fun.......I just loved my calling.
Darren is amazing for many reasons, but one of the many things I love about him is how we "get" each other.  We have our own world where others aren't welcome or needed.  Lately we've encountered some criticism and scrutiny by people close to us and we always come to the table with the same objective and goals and the same look on our faces like "oh my gosh.  They just don't get it."  No, honey, they don't.  And that's okay.....because we are there together and I am so grateful for that.

2 comments:

ggidaho said...

I have had a few minutes to remind me of your ability to blog . i especially love the words that go with the pictures. It tells so much about you and your tremendous spirit. Love You

Jenn said...

I love you, Mom