Thursday, November 11, 2010

Catching Up from Being a Zombie

Since I am getting back into being a human person in the Land of the Living, we have a few things to catch up on. Somehow, this pregnancy, has not allowed me to be on the computer (at all in the beginning) or do too much driving, so I am playing catch up! Since I was a whiner in my last post, which isn't common for me, I am committed to the balance of joy. Which is where I'd rather land anyway, sick and all. :o) So, here are a few pictures of our little "bumpette" and the day we went to the ultrasound. This is a photo outside of the hospital where we are planning on delivering. My cousin Leslie was a sweetheart to come (driving 3 hours to be there) with us to our ultrasound. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had the faith that this blessing would ever be ours, without Leslie's constant faith and continually reminding me that I would be a mother. One of those times that I had to lean on the faith of another.......literally. With our history in this department, it was difficult for Darren and I to trust that this was for real, and this baby was for sure, and everything was okay. We'd work on it continually but there is that human side that prepares itself and you for the "just in case" scenario. "Just in case" was more true to our experience, so it truly was an act of faith to trust. After the first sonogram and after the ultrasound, you could almost feel the sighs of relief across the globe from Darren and I collectively feeling like we could settle into this whole pregnancy thing. On this one, Darren seemed a little more cautious than I was, which is major role reversal for us. Probably on account that he now had to girls to worry about if everything wasn't all right. What a fun day it was to see our little one! I love living in the age of technology, for reason like this. These next two are....well, horrible of me. We always would remember to journal our baby progress with photos, in the evening. Hair brushed, no make-up, and not looking gorgeous at all. This just shows how much I love you guys that I would brave the Internet looking like a mountain troll. :o) This is about week 16.....This is about week 20ish......
My shirt, the only "kitschy" one I have bought says "Embrace the Bump" on the front. I thought it was kind of cute and my mother insisted I have one shirt that is kitschy. I conceided.

No comments: