*A few weeks ago, after a run, I came in my house to get my water bottle. I take a long drink and realize, it's not that cold. After a few days of trying to figure out why the refrigerator is starting to feel more like a microwave, we realize that it's time to call the repair man. We bought this refrigerator new when we bought our house and we have loved it. It turns out that a little tiny box in the back, is not working, thus creating warm food. I am feeling grateful for a broken fridge, as it means that I have food to keep cold. I am also grateful to the repair man who had my fridge running like new.........after spending 10 minutes on it. *I have a love/hate relationship with television. I can see the benefits of it, but when it becomes someone's sole purpose for living because "their show is on" I want to run back to 1850. Our satellite service (yes, we need service that is orbiting the planet because we live in the middle of nowhere) has been a continual problem for the last couple of weeks. I've been content to just keep the T.V. off most of the time. However, my husband wasn't too excited when all this happened over the Yankees/Phillies games. Today, I am grateful for things that make my life easier and for the day of technology we live in.......I'm also grateful when we gt a break from ALL of it.
*While I was tending my nieces in Utah, Darren calls me to tell me that the computer won't boot up. Of course it won't. Sigh. Nearly every time I am away from home for longer than a weekend, my computer seems to have a problem. Poor Darren. It's always on his watch. This time, it was just one too many power surges in a row from our lovely city of Declo. It completely fried the motherboard. Lovely. So, we have been looking at a new computer. As it is my connection to the outside world, I was a little frustrated......mostly at the repair guy who took a week just to look at it and tell me it was dead. I felt grateful, however, for the blessing of being connected to people I love, since we do not live close to our friends or families. I was also grateful to have a break from that technology too. I am additionally grateful for a sweet husband who works so hard to support us and makes it possible to get everything fixed.
*Darren comes in the house one evening after we had come home from somewhere, to tell me that the tires on the car are nearly bald and need to be replaced. I looked at him with this incredulous look, all the while wondering "am I in my body and actually hearing this???" He was right. The additional bonus, was checking out what it would cost to replace 4 of them and realizing that it is about 3 times what it cost for our Honda. Grrrrrr. (Sound of hysterical laughter)....ominous music.....you get it. However, 4 tires later and $100 less that we thought it would be, I am very thankful for a dependable car. We are so dependant on our transportation where we live and I am thankful to have that worry removed.*Our phone line, also has needed "fixing". It made me very grateful very fast for high speed internet and communication devices that help us "keep in touch". Pick up the phone and call someone. Not E.T. Just someone.
*I have felt strongly to try acupuncture. As a person who has pursued getting our babies here, there are tons of needles and shots that accompany that over a 10 year experience. It did not prepare me for this, as I had hoped. Nearly half of the needles they put in my body, hurt. Really hurt. A few days ago, I thought I was going to end up on the ceiling, but today I am very grateful to have "ears to hear" and feel the directions I should go. I have no idea what is on the other side, but I am hoping it is twins at this point. I am grateful for the medical profession and even more grateful to have other options available to me.
7 comments:
You know that we would be thrilled beyond comprehension if you guys had twins!!
Well, you know, it's the ticket "in" to the Lotz family......wow. But it would be fun to get 2 in one pregnancy and super fun to make you come and help me! :o)
I would jump for joy if you had twins. That would be so great! You are a brave soul to try accupuncture. Those needles scare me. I think you're so great!
They aren't my favorite at all. I get so much bloodwork done and shots that I have track marks. I thought it would be a breeze. I'm working up enough courage to go back!
You HAVE had a crazy month - how great that you can see the bright side of some unfortunate events. I thought "they" said that acupuncture doesn't hurt...apparently that isn't accurate - yikes! You are a brave soul. I'm not normally a baby about needles, but I don't think I'd go there (acupuncture) after your description. Would LOVE it if you ended up with twins... :)
I love that you are so good at seeking the Spirit and following it. I honestly don't know if I'd ever recognize a prompting to try accupuncture. I sincerely hope that good things are in store!
I had a Dr once tell me that he was amazed at what women will go through to have their babies. Every once in awhile I think of that because for me, until my children are here, it's my job to do all that I can to facilitate the way. Obviously, within reason......luckily I have a very supportive husband. I've never wanted 2 at a time, but after acupuncture I thought it might be nice to have 2 babies, one pregnancy. ;o)
Post a Comment