Friday, December 5, 2008

Favorite Pre-Christmas Things......this year

1--Christmas Tree
We got our tree up and ready for decoration before we left for Thanksgiving in Utah. We bought much needed new lights for our tree and got it all strung, decorated and lit when we got home. The atmosphere in our living room with that tree is amazing. I love our living room anyway.....but with all the lights off and the glow of the tree, it's breathtaking. Who knew a Charlie Brown tree could bring such a sweet feeling. We only put brass or white ornaments on our tree and only white lights, so it just shimmers! We love Christmas trees.

2--Christmas Music
Everyone says this, but each year I have more and more favorites to add to my favorites list. This year, here are some in the running:
Wintersong--Sarah McLachlan
Song for a Winter's Night--Sarah McLachlan
What Sweeter Music--Tab Choir
Angels Carol--Tab Choir
Where Are You Christmas?--Faith Hill
Carol of the Bells
Pine Cones and Holly Berries

3--Wrapping Presents
I just love preparing and wrapping gifts that we are giving. It's delightful. It's so fun to know what is inside and the thought and time put into gifts.......I just love it.

4--Colored Cellophane
I make toffee for our neighbors and friends for Christmas. I love to enclose it in colored cellophane with a big ribbon. It's so festive and pretty to look at!

5--Christmas Cards
I do not do Christmas cards.....I know, I know. We have nothing that ever changes with us and it would get depressing to have to write that year after year. However, I LOVE getting them. They go on my door and stay there as they come through the mail. I love to get pictures of those I love and/or don't get to see everyday......for the most part.

No comments: