Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Little Birthday Girl.....(about 3 months ago....) *cough

Life at our house has been a wee bit busy the last 4 months, and I'm a loser and didn't take pictures of my daughter's first birthday.  Sigh.  I'm so grateful for my mother and my cousin Leslie, who actually remember to document those precious moments you can't ever get back.   
I've already done a post about what She has taught me.  This is a post mostly for pictures.  I am compelled, however, to add some beautiful Makenna-isms I have been blessed to witness. She is a very easy, very happy child.  
"Fire......ooooo, I LOVE fire!"
To have someone love you, like this little face, is the purest form of joy.  
Starting out so careful....
Bring it on!!
She loves to use food as shampoo and conditioner....
A quick bath in the sink in front of her guests.....She loves water.  Loves it.  Leslie's camera captured the drops so well!
How adorable is this little bird mouth??
"Oh please bless I won't get water in my beautiful eyes!"

After her bath....presents!!  Everyone was too generous!  She was not left wanting.  In presents or love.
My sweet brother, Jake, got her this seal.....whom we keep mistaking as Elphie our cat.
My niece, my 94 year- old Grandmother, my mother in law.....such an odd composition of people so comfortable with each other on a couch, but if you know us, you know it's just perfect.

Makenna loves.....
*to have a bath
*dried blueberries
*to bother Oliver even amidst biting and whacking from him
*snuggle time with Mommy
*climbing over Mommy while she's on the floor
*when Daddy comes home from work and expects to be acknowledged and loved on immediately
*the freedom of crawling and now the freedom of walking
*hot dogs
*playing outside
*laying on Elphie....the other cat who is so patient with Makenna
*Grandma Suze
*her blankie made by Grandma Cecile
*flirting with strangers
*reading with Mommy

Makenna isn't very fond of....
*church being 3 hours long
*pureed baby food....we went from breast, to bottle, to whatever we are eating
*having to wait for her diaper to be changed
*the vaccum
*Mommy gone for too long
*applesauce or peaches.....so far

This baby girl has brought so much joy and purpose to my life.  Some days I have twinges of guilt, because I get to be a mother.  Guilt because I get to be HER mother.  And sometimes just fear that this beautiful life I have been given will be taken away.  I love this beautiful, messy, smiley, fussy, bundle of pure joy and I can't imagine my life without her.  Happy Birthday, my sweet daughter.....

1 comment:

Along the way . . . said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! Wish we could have been there.