Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Shroggy.....

One foggy Christmas Eve is about right.....except for the Christmas Eve part. But outside tonight at our house, it looks very much like this. We saw one star. One. It's quite the cool atmosphere out there if we hadn't just had Halloween.It's been the week of "um, seriously" at our house. After Thanksgiving, I was so looking forward to coming back home, ready to begin preparations for Christmas. You have to remember that for us, we lose a good week or so as we travel for this holiday, so things have to be ready, wrapped, sent, stamped, or whatever BEFORE we get on our merry way. This year we will be in IF.
The evening before I was headed home from some Dr appointments last week, I just kept having this chronic aching in my legs. I know we are entering month 7 of this pregnancy, but this frequent made me feel like a slug. I mean, I was a runner before this baby......
The next morning I felt like I had been hit by a Mack truck. My mother, who is wise and about to be a grandma again, drags me to the Dr before I head home. One hour and 1 prescription later, I'm told to watch for a fever, because "we don't want this turning into influenza or pneumonia." Um, seriously?
I've wasted plenty of time with morning sickness, so we are NOT having either of those. By the time I get home, I walk in, love on my kitties, and hit my bed. Thank goodness for my mother who dragged me to the Dr amidst major eye rolling. I've not been this sick, for a long long time.
Gotta love what you bring home from the "relatives" house over Thanksgiving. It was worth seeing our nieces and nephews though and to spend the time with Darren's brother. What a fun little family they are.
On the upside (for me) Darren got "IT" too, so he called in sick to work this week for the first time in the 7 years we have been here. This man NEVER takes a sick day. Ever. Does this tell you how hard we were hit? Hopefully we have our turn out of the way just in time for the holiday. Wash your hands, cough into your arm, and don't sneeze on me! :o)

No comments: