*This is a favorite piece of art for me. There aren't many artists who can capture what I feel the Savior looks like. This is closer. But more so, the emotion that Mary is feeling is captured so well in this piece. I believe she had a strong testimony of Jesus' teachings, as did others. How exactly all of this would come to pass, she didn't know. There wasn't a history ever taught on resurrected beings before now. He was the first. The thought that her Lord was in fact gone, and perhaps his body stolen, would create emotion as we see here, I believe.
*In the scriptures, it tells us that at first, she believes him to be the gardener. He must have looked as his physical body looked, but something about him in this new "phase" was unfamiliar to her. It wasn't until He said her name, that she knew who He was. Something in the way He said it, or her memory of that gentle, loving voice uttering her name....was familiar. I absolutely love that. There is a powerful lesson there in knowing the Master's voice and knowing that He knows each of us intimately, by name.
*I also loved having General Conference land on Easter Sunday this year. This doesn't always happen and this year I felt the power of that Easter morning and all that it means for mankind, a little differently this year. It is interesting to me what each person comes away with. When Darren and I were talking, he mentioned that there seemed to be a few talks on duty. I remember one. But I heard many talks on the importance of the nurturing gift of women. As I have walked this short path of life, it seems to me that an non-nurturing environment is more damaging to grow up in, than half of the calamities and iniquities a people can inflict on each other. I believe we underestimate the power of a nurturer. And we forget how important it is, as women, that we nurture each other.
*One of my favorite one-liners from Conference came from one of the Seventy, Elder Foster, and he said, "A distraction does not have to be evil, to be effective."
*On a secular side......I love the promise of spring, baby anything (kittens, bunnies, chicks, etc), pastel colors, blossoms on the trees, egg hunts, Easter treats, and dinner with family. I think it funny that to celebrate a holiday the Jewish population does not recognize......we serve ham. :o)
2 comments:
You are very wise Jen. I love reading your posts. I think you have a gift with words.
Amy, you are sweet to say that. Once in awhile I get a little mushy and have to write about it. That's the fun thing about blogging I guess. Well, at least fun for me. Your blog is equally fun to read. Your Mom drama makes me laugh and appreciate your job much more. Hug Cam for us and hopefully we'll see you guys, ever. :o)
Post a Comment